CM-32 Armoured Vehicle
CM-32 Armoured Vehicle (mobile-gun platform variant)
|Place of origin||Taiwan|
|Designer||Timoney Technology Limited|
|Manufacturer||Ordnance Readiness Development Center|
|Crew||2 + 8 passengers|
|Armor||12.7 mm AP front arc, 7.62 mm AP all around|
|20mm gun,40mm grenade launcher,105mm gun or 120mm mortar|
|M2. 50 Browning machine gun|
|Engine||Caterpillar C12 Diesel, 450 hp|
The CM-32 "Clouded Leopard" (雲豹裝甲車 "Yunpao"), officially Taiwan Infantry Fighting Vehicle (TIFV), is an eight-wheeled armoured vehicle currently being produced for the Republic of China (Taiwan) Army, designed by Timoney Technology Limited of Ireland, but will be developed by the Ordnance Readiness Development Center.
Design and Development
- ↑ Jane's Information Group article: "CM-32 enters pre-production phase in Taiwan". Retrieved on August 9, 2007.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Thumbs-up for new armored vehicle". Taipei Times. 2005-01-12. http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2005/01/12/2003219030. Retrieved 2007-06-04.
- ↑ Taiwan To Begin Mass Producing Armoured Vehicles. Retrieved on August 9, 2007.
- Jane's Information Group article: "CM-32 enters pre-production phase in Taiwan"
- Globalsecurity.org report on the CM32